Ghost of Valentines Day Past



This is digging out some old photos from Feb. 2009.  However, it goes to show that Ty and I have been working hard making our house our home for many years.  This project is something that I had wanted so I had a place to store and work on my crafts and scrapbooking.  I wanted to turn a junk filled closet into a functional space for me to work and keep my things in one place instead of dragging it all out from the closet to the dining room every time I wanted to scrapbook.  This bedroom closet is in our kids play room, my thought was that I could work on my projects while our oldest played.  At the time I was expecting our second child so my involvement was 'limited'. 


We started by taking out all the wire shelving, you know the kind, white non-functional



Empty and freshly painted

After it was painted & dry Ty started taking measurements and we talked about how I wanted the shelves and workspace.  I wanted it tall enough to sit w/ a stool or to comfortably stand. This would also allow for enough storage under the work space for my totes and bags.  


Ty took measurements

Since this project took place in February, it was too cold to stain outside, so I stained it inside...in the kitchen.


Ty built supports for the shelves and we test fit the boards to see if it's all where I wanted it to be. 




Testing the workspace

I purchased some drawers for small supplies

Checking to see if the cork bord is the right size

One thing I thought would be nice is a cabinet where I could hide my paper organizers.  This cabinet opens and holds open with a lid stay type hinge.


While Ty was there I had him install two outlets on the left side, one above the desk and one below.


The finished project was so beautiful and I was so excited to start filling it up

<script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>
My Valentine's Day gift from Ty, he's so good to me! 

<script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>
Cabinet lid is open, things are getting organized

I was able to have enough room to store my sewing machines and sewing supplies on the very top shelf.  Extra albums and pages on the second shelf, idea books and paper in the cabinet.  It's so easy to find everything!! 

<script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

<script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

<script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

This has been such a great place to work!! Right now, in 2016, it's a mess!! I think it's a good time to reclaim this space and bring it back to it's former beautiful state. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sew Simple Shoulder Rest Pouch

One Thing Leads to Another

Bamboozled