Sew Simple Shoulder Rest Pouch


Lauren's Shoulder Rest Bag

When Lauren began taking violin lessons and her case did not have room to hold her shoulder rest.  Her teacher mentioned a pouch or something to hold it that would stay with her instrument. 

Disclaimer: I am not very good at sewing but I had a box of fabric scraps and a machine, so I gave it a good try and got to work. 

I did attempted french seams on the three sides of the pouch sewing in some ribbon, so it could be tied to her case's handle, on the bottom corner. 

It was very similar to the directions for making a pillowcase. 

The inside is a ripstop type fabric to make it a bit water proof incase she was walking in the rain or something.  


                                                

For the closure I used hook and loop fasteners to hold it closed.   


The Ribbon sewn into the corner was perfect for tying the pouch to the handle of her violin case! 


<script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

This was a great way to store and keep her shoulder rest handy!  

I wish I had taken more pics of the whole process, but I didn't.  If you want more information please feel free to contact me with your questions! 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Thing Leads to Another

Bamboozled