Outdoor Flea Markets in KS



As many know, we love a GOOD junk sale! The more junk the better!

Previously posted in our Found it! page, there is one Flea Market we never miss! Sparks, KS and White Cloud, KS outdoor flea markets are my favorite in our region! The sales are only twice a year and this past weekend Ty and I took to the road and ventured our way through the treasures.
https://www.facebook.com/SparksFleaMarket/


I didn't take pictures this year. I was focused, maybe too focused.  Our weekend started on Thursday and on the heels of a big storm the night before. Several of our favorite vendors were not there on Thursday and many vendors encountered damage from the winds, so sad to see the vendors picking up broken glass and trying to salvage their wares.  Trash bins were filled with broken canopies and other discarded display pieces.  We had spent that previous night in our basement listening to tornado warnings.  Our hearts went out to those vendors who suffered from the storm. Thankful there was no tornados and nothing more than some broken glass.  Maybe it was the effect of the weather and all of this, but I was not into shopping on Thursday. I stuck through and had a good time anyway. After lunch I started to perk up a little, but the day over all was kinda a let down.
We headed up to White Cloud, KS just to see if any vendors were set up yet and grabbed some Ice Cream at the Eco Water building. Then we decided we'd see what the next day brought and head home.  Ty did find a machinists tool box for a decent price so he was the only one to find anything worth bringing home.

Friday I was feeling MUCH better! So thankful for that!  The kids were situated with a sitter for the day and Ty and I hit the road. Slightly later than planned....the rest was nice though.
On the way we spotted our friends John and Michele who were also headed to Sparks on their own treasure hunt! After we got close to Sparks we got excited, more vendors and LOTS more people than the day before! This was going to be a good day!
https://www.facebook.com/SparksFleaMarket/


We found nothing.

I kept my eye out for certain items for our upstairs bathroom reno that will be underway before too long.  Looking for an antique dresser, cabinets, lighting, anything. Found nothing. The one thing I did find, I didn't see the price right, AND it was already marked sold.  Oops.  Felt bad for even offering my obnoxious offer only to realize how off I was AND it was sold.

After coming up with nothing at Sparks Ty and I headed up to White Cloud.

https://www.facebook.com/whitecloudkansasfleamarket/


More vendors in White Cloud than previous years, not as full as it had been in years past, but it looks like maybe a come back of sorts for this event.  One vendor had everything we needed.  An old alligator that was stuffed with tobacco, a find for my sister-in-law. A banjolele, a nice little find for my father-in-law. Then I found a antique glass plant mister! We spent more in gas and food and snacks than we did on our purchases all together. But, Ty and I had a good time together and it was nice to just wonder the streets of these two Kansas towns together searching for something that could be. 





Are you interested in outdoor flea markets? You can find the next show dates on the Sparks Flea Market Facebook Page and White Cloud's Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/whitecloudkansasfleamarket/
https://www.facebook.com/SparksFleaMarket/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sew Simple Shoulder Rest Pouch

One Thing Leads to Another

Bamboozled