A Bed for Lauren


This is an older project from 2010, but it's one I did all on my own, except for a little gluing done by Ty.  

Lauren LOVES her dolls.  

Specifically the ones that look like her.  I wanted to do something special for her Christmas gift that year.  I searched for several months for the right size and style bed.  I found one at a yard sale. It was yellowed, smoky, and slightly broken. 
I loved it. 


It was rough in places so I took to it with a sander and smoothed the rough spots. 
 Ty helped me glue up the broken spot and it was ready for paint. 

You can see here some of the cracked parts that needed to be fixed


The first thing I did to this was paint it white, a fresh bright color allowing for all the chips, nicks and dings to be from years of love from Lauren playing with her dolls. 


After I painted it I found some fabric that matched Lauren's bedding and I made a cushion and pillow to fit the bed.  What's a bed with out a stuffed bunny and teddy bear? I found these little cuties at Hobby Lobby and they were just the right size! 



For the final surprise I had a friend, Wanda Guard, make a quilt for the doll bed that matched Lauren's bedding.  It was the perfect final touch!  


Lauren's bed & her doll's bed

The face that says it all

This last picture is of Lauren (how sweet is Christmas morning hair??)  seeing her doll bed waiting for her under the Christmas tree. 

She LOVED it! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sew Simple Shoulder Rest Pouch

One Thing Leads to Another

Bamboozled